How is it different than other therapies?
- It requires a moment to moment change between supportive acceptance compared to confrontation and change strategies.
- It has a set of skills that can help clients change their behaviors in order to change the outcome
- DBT is done in teams so the therapists are able to get the support needed from other therapists
- A client gets continuous support through phone coaching for skills.
- It is a highly structured therapy that empathizes what targets to work on in order to reach the goal quickly and effectively.